Thursday, August 19, 2010

Top 5 "M.V.P" DrugStore Products

Hi Everyone!

The older I've got and the more I wear and know more about makeup I have realized you don't always need the most expensive mascara or foundation. Sometimes the best products with the most amazing results are just down the street from your house, in your local drugstore! And let's face it, who isn't excited about having a little more in your pocket nowadays (that just means you can spend that extra on more makeup :-) So without further ado (drum roll please)



My top 5 CANNOT live without make up products:

1) Face: Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation This stuff is incredible! From the long lasting finish to the flawless complection it gives. I could not go a day without this little gem in my makeup bag! The feeling on your face is not that of a typical liquid foundation. Gone are the days of feeling like you are wearing a mud mask. This feels so light on my skin I wouldn't know I was wearing it if I didn't see the results in the mirror.
Price: 10.99-12.99

2) Face: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder When using a liquid foundation you should always use a little powder to set the liquid. And this stuff can't be beat! I have about five setting face powder compacts in my collection and time after time this is the one I reach for when I want the best results! This coverage is sheer and not cakey yet, it just sets everything perfectly. And although the brand doesn't advertise it as a "long wearing" makeup product. I think they should start, this stuff doesn't budge. I have an office job and sit at a desk about six hours of my work day. And I have a nasty habbit of proping my head in my hands and normally I could get a little transfer but, not with this stuff once it's on it stays put! And the finish it gives to skin is so natural.
Price: 5.99 - 7.99

3) Cheeks: NYC ColorWheel Blush Ok, I admit the different shades of pink in the mosaic wheel can be a bit frightning but, I promise somehow this blush transforms to compliment ALL skin tones. It just gives off a very youthful perfect pink. And brightens up everyones complextion!
Price: 2.99-3.99

4) Lips: Maybelline Moisture Extreme LipStick - Sugar Plum Ice I have never been a fan of in your face mauves or reds for lipcolors. When I came across this lip color I was in heaven. This is the PERFECT combination of a soft nude with a hint of pink. I wear this pretty much everyday. And the product name is right on the money "moisture extreme" this feels more like a chapstick then a lipstick. I would highly recommend you keep this in your beauty bag at all times. It is perfect alone or to layer under a soft pink or nude lipgloss for a little highlight.
Price: 2.99-4.99

5) Eyes: Revlon Colorstay 12-hour Eye Shadow This is another 'ColorStay' product and it holds true to it's name. This eye shadow is extremely pigmented and stays on from morning to night. Each compact has four shadow colors (more bang for your buck!) and perfect for creating the complete eye look from browbone highlight to contour and eye lid all over color. Each color combination is very wearable for day or evening. They will last you forever, I have had the same ones for over a year and still haven't even made a dent in it.
Price: 5.99-7.99


Well, there you have it, my hand selected best of the best drugstore products! I hope you get a chance to try some of these and I promise you will wonder how you ever got along without them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment