Thursday, August 19, 2010

DrugStore Products I Regret Buying

Hi Everyone!

We have all made that mistake buying that beauty product that looks so irresistible then trying it out and realizing we just wasted out money :-( Have no fear I am hoping by telling you about my misfortune with these products will save you from having to deal with the same issue!

Like that guy you wish you had never dated, here are my mistakes:



1) Dream Matte Mousse Foundation: When I first would apply this foundation in the morning it did give me a good 'airbrushed' effect but as the day progressed so the that nice 'airbrushed' finish. Around my nose area would start to look dry and patchy and underneath my eyes as well. By the end of the day I looked like I had been in out in the desert. My skin looked so uneven and the foundation would rub off on everything.

2) Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara: I so desperately wanted to like this mascara but, it just made my eyelashes clump together and appear somewhat stumpy. I don't know maybe it was the formula or the brush or maybe those combined but, it just looked horrible when I applied just the first coat. And when I applied the second it looked like I just had two huge eye lashes, they had clumped together so bad!

3) Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - Healthy Glow If you like glitter then this is for you, me however, I try to steer clear of all that's gold (or shades of pink in this case). I had to work with my brush for a good solid minute just to pick up any color at all on the brush. There is no pigment to this at all. Then when I would put it on my cheeks the only color that would show up was the silver, and the Tin Man was never my favorite character in the Wizard of Oz so I didn't feel comfortable looking like him.

4) Maybelline Line Stilletto Liquid Eye Liner The biggest issue with this I think is the applicator. It is a very thick and uneven felt tip. There is no way you can apply this in a thin line, whenever I applied this I always looked like I was heading out to the clubs at 7am.

5) Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss-Pink Afterglow First, let me say overall I LOVE the superlustrous lipgloss line. But like every family, you got to have that bad seed in there somewhere and the shade "Pink AfterGlow" is it! The amount of glitter in this lipgloss is ridiculous. The only time this lip gloss would be beneficial is if I was trying to flag down a plane from the sky by using the reflection from the sun off this lipgloss. After you wear the lipgloss for awhile it drys down and all your left with is little tiny glitter specs on your lips that you can't get off. No thanks!

6) Loreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner I had high hopes for this lip product. I was under the impression with the name "lip conditioner" it would feel more like a balm then a gloss. Well you can't have your balm and wear your gloss too. This stuff was terrible, the texture was sticky and tacky and the color was so un even (what color there was) I would definitely steer clear of this beauty mishap!

Well, there is my rant! If you have any products you regret buying let me know what they are and why.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment